Sunday, February 7, 2010

123 - Books with Numbers


My Truck is Stuck by Kevin Lewis and Daniel Kirk
This is a strange book, the meter is complicated and the rhymes are seemingly random. But the subject matter and bright illustrations, make it a really popular choice. It also has some sneaky counting in it.


The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
This is a classic, with a caterpillar so hungry he eats through pages of fruits, counting them as he goes and then moves on to cake and sausage, which gives him a tummy ache. There are many different editions of this book, including a beautiful pop up version, which I'll be reading from.

Over in the Jungle by Marianne Berkes and Jeanette Canyon

This sing-a-long book is full of actual jungle animals in their actual jungle settings. The crazy half sculpture half illustrations are fascinating and strange.

Ten, Nine, Eight by Molly Bang
A bedtime countdown book, my favourite is 7, because surprisingly, that's shoes.

The Three Little Pigs
I have a ladybird board book version of this story, but I change the words so that the pigs say "no no not by the hair on my chinny chin chin". I will encourage huffing and puffing by all.

We'll be singing "Zoom, Zoom, Zoom", "Five Little Monkeys" and "Five Little Ducks"

No comments:

Post a Comment